Highlights in our history:
- 1932– The first organizational meeting is held of the Woman’s Auxiliary. “Chapters” are formed.Funding begins on the first Mission projects. To date over $2 million in donations have helped the work of our Medical Alumni serving overseas.
- 1938– The first issue of the Auxiliary News is printed.
- 1958– DUO (Do Unto Others) fund is established.
- 1967– An Apple A Day cookbook is printed, joining previous cookbooks:
- Our Best Recipes (1938)
- Prescription From the Doctor’s Wife (1941)
- Prescriptions Refilled by the Doctor’s Wife (1950)
- Prescriptions for Good Eating (1957)
- 1970’s– The JMA (Junior Medical Auxiliary) and the RMA (Resident Medical Auxiliary) are organized.The Little White House Student Exchange is begun.
- 1978-The Life Endowment Fund is established.
- 1983– An Apple A Day II cookbook joins the Auxiliary’s publications.
- 1984– The Student Assistance Fund is begun.
- 1987– The Scholarship Fund is begun.
- 1991– The Tree of Angels graces the lobby of LLUMC for the first time.
- 1992– The Woman’s Auxiliary changes its name to the “National Auxiliary to the Alumni Association of the Loma Linda University School of Medicine.”
- 2009– An Apple A Day III cookbook is printed.
- 2012– The National Auxiliary celebrates 80 years of service!
- 2015 – Open Table Cookbook is published.
First Issue of Auxiliary News